Do your workout in 45 minutes or less
Week 1 Day 1
Warm up 10 minutes
Run on a treadmill at the highest incline possible for 1 minute
Dumbbell Squats 15lbs 25 reps
Push Ups 20
Repeat 3 times
Run on treadmill backwards at highest incline possible for 1 minute
Bouncing lunges 15lbs 20 reps per leg
Single arm bent over rows 10-15lbs 20 reps per arm
Advanced Jacks knives 25
Repeat 3 times or stop at 30 minutes
Bike 30 minutes
For a chance to win a FREE 90 Day Workout Plan like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/thefiture
In order to get in the best shape of your life you need the best tools possible. You need to know what exercises to do and when and how. You need to have a structured plan of attack on how you will reach your goals and what you are going to do to get there.
One of the biggest problems you will face when trying to get into shape is answering your question on what you should do? Below I created a plan for you to do to help start your fitness program off on the right track.
I want you to do each exercise for 2-3 sets and do 10-15 reps in each set to get your muscles stimulated. Choose a weight that you can do that is challenging while simultaneously making sure you are doing and keeping good form.
After you finish each weight training workout I want you to do anywhere from 10-15 minutes of cardio to start and then work your way up to 30 minutes. If you are looking into taking your fitness more seriously then this is a good plan for you.
I want you to forward this program to a friend that you think can benefit from getting some exercise advice. One of the best ways to get in shape is to get a workout partner. Watch this video I did on that subject for you http://youtu.be/p59_870-n38
Workout 1- Chest and Triceps
Incline Chest Press
Workout 2- Back and Biceps
Rear Delt Fly
EZ Curl Bar Bicep Curl
Workout 3- Legs
Workout 4- Shoulders
Workout 5 -Abs
Roman Chair Leg Lifts
Exercise Ball Crunch
So you may be thinking what you should be doing for cardio since cardio is supposed to be where you lose weight. Well here is a video http://youtu.be/DIO5jiCQ7FU you can watch on some fat loss strategies you can use.
If you are healthy enough and cleared by a doctor, I strongly recommend you use the strategy that I made a video about above and use the incline treadmill to get you the results you deserve.
Below are a few links of how it looks when you use the incline treadmill strategy
Now if you feel like you are too out of shape or embarrassed to go into the gym here is a video that I created to help you get a little more confidence http://youtu.be/Cz_BuALa7x4
The key thing that you must understand and be aware of is you just have to begin. Even if you have very little confidence use my blog posts and updates to help give you confidence. Nothing great will happen to you unless you just get started.
I don’t care if you just start with 1 exercise and you do it for 5 minutes. That is better for you than doing nothing at all. Find yourself a friend to help you out and support you mentally, which is what you will need in order to get to the fitness levels that you want.
You should first work on getting started and then selling yourself that this will be a lifestyle change instead of a quick fix. Be patient with yourself and work hard on staying consistent with making going to the gym your routine.
Now the next thing you may be thinking is what you should do about nutrition. You may also want some tips on how to eat healthy without spending a ton of money. Below are some tips that my friend Tamara Watt (who is a specialist in helping those lose weight with nutrition) has created.
Times can be challenging, and for some people, spending money on organic and specialty food items, is causing unnecessary stress on their Family Budgets. But, these people also don’t want to eat potato chips and hot dogs for dinner, and are looking for solutions to eat better without breaking the bank.
Here are our Top 9 Ways to Eat Healthy on a Budget and ensure your body stays healthy and fit!
1. Make your grocery list based off recipes/meals you plan to eat for the week.
Decide what you’re going to make for the week and then buy for those recipes or meals.
This is not only time-efficient, but prevents you from buying things you MIGHT make, but don’t get around to, and then end up throwing away.
Also, don’t hesitate to buy something that’s on sale for a very low price and modify your plan for the week so you can save some dough. You’ll eat well, and spend less while being resourceful!
2. Canned Fish and Beans = High Protein and Fiber
From Tuna to Salmon, to Black Beans to Kidney Beans, canned fish and beans can be one of your easiest and most inexpensive ways to get healthy omega-3 rich protein (the fish) and cholesterol-lowering fiber (the beans).
One can of light tuna (the least expensive kind and lowest mercury kind) is only 79 cents, while a can of black beans can be found for just $1 (containing at least 2 servings)!
Yes, both contain sodium which can be problematic for some people, but you can easily rinse off some of the salt when you open them using a strainer. If you mix them both together and top them with a touch of mustard or chopped tomatoes (also not too expensive when bought fresh), you’ve got yourself a great meal!
3. Frozen Veggies are Healthy!
Many people fret that fresh veggies are not affordable, and they don’t last long enough to make them worthwhile.
The solution: Buy frozen!
Avoid those microwave bags of veggies though (questionable safety…) and instead, purchase the less expensive ones that you cook on the stove or in a microwave-safe dish (not plastic!)
Frozen veggies are very healthy, as they are usually sodium-free and are sometimes fresher than fresh produce because they are frozen right at harvest (instead of sitting for days in the store or your home losing nutrients).
You can cook them anytime and not worry about them spoiling before you can eat them and being a waste of money.
4. Look for Produce or Other Grocery Items with a “Close to Expiry” Discount
When you do want to purchase fresh vegetables or fruits, you can sometimes find a great deal if they are close to being thrown out (but are still good; like brown bananas).
For example, if you are a spinach lover, you can find containers of organic spinach with a $2 discount because they are close to their due date. You may have to toss a few slimy leaves, but the rest will be gone before it’s a waste of your money.
There are great deals on other grocery items like low-sodium organic canned soups and healthy fruit and nut bars that you may not be able to afford otherwise, but will still taste great! Look for tables of reduced-priced items the next time you’re out shopping, and you may be surprised!
5. Buy Fruits and Vegetables in Season
purchasing fresh berries in the winter is just silly.
Not only will you spend an arm and a leg to get them, you won’t be getting the freshest options because they were shipped to you from hundreds (or thousands) of miles away.
Instead, look for produce in season, like apples and squash in the fall, or berries in the SUMMER. Not only will you pay less, but it will taste better too!
In the winter, when most produce is not in season, choose frozen, untainted fruits and vegetables (no butter, sugar, etc.) for the best options.
6. Avoid Pre-Cut Items, like cut Apples or Pre-cut Green Beans
yes, these items may be convenient, but they’ll cost you at least double the unprepared versions.
It’s not that hard to cut your own apples, or slice your own squash, and you avoid any preservatives that are added to these vegetables and fruits to prevent browning.
7. Use the Shelf Stickers that List the Price of the Item per Weight
it’s amazing how many people don’t realize that many stores list the price of an item per weight so you can accurately compare between different brands or different sizes of the same product.
For example, a 16 oz. container of rolled oats from one company is $0.17 per oz. and $2.69. But, a 42 oz. container of oats from another company is only $0.11 per oz. and $3.79.
So, even though you may pay more for the large canister, you get more food for your money! Use these labels at the store to help you choose the best option.
8. Visit Discount Grocery Stores for the Best Deals
There are many discount stores and bulk stores that give you the best deals for your buck. These stores sometimes require a membership, but now some do not. They sell the products at a lower price because they avoid the fancy store decorations, the overpaid dietitians giving nutrition advice, and ask you to bag your own groceries (not really a big issue).
In some cases you can save up to $20 for the same cart of groceries as a higher end grocery store! Some examples of these stores are Sam’s Clubs, BJs, Costco, and ALDI – look for them next time you head out shopping.
9. Finally - Get a Tasty Whey Protein Powder
many people think supplements are too expensive if your wallet is tight, but think about this:
One serving of High Quality Protein Powder – something that keeps you satisfied and actually improves your health – only costs about $2 to $3 each!
That’s at least 25 grams of complete protein for only $2.50 that supplies you with all the essential amino acids for proper muscle recovery and tummy-filling protein to help you stay full for hours!
Compare this to a breast of chicken which will cost you at least 2-3 dollars for the same amount of protein and has to be cooked, seasoned, and properly stored. Also, if you purchase chicken at a restaurant, you’re looking at spending at least $4 (Unless you go to McDonalds and also worry about the health consequences).
I want you to share and forward this message with your friends via email, your social networks, text message, and any other way that you communicate with your friends so they too can have this program.
This is a program that I designed for you as a personal trainer which is designed to help you to start building the body and lifestyle that you want TODAY.
Thank you for reading my blog and enjoy your workout :)
How to Put Together A Vision Board To Keep Your Motivation At It’s Peak
Hey guys so I wanted to let you guys know that my book Body Fit : A beginner’s guide to fitness will be coming out here in the next couple of weeks.
I am in the final round of edits and there are some great tips to help get in some great shape.
Some of the things that will be in there are an exercise database with pictures on how to do the exercises, on how to eat right by keeping it simple, how to lift weights to tone up, how to do cardio to burn the most calories and drop body fat, and the most important chapter which is on how to handle setbacks and failures while still being able to be motivated.
I have worked extremely hard on the editing of the book to simplify it so you can apply it to your everyday workouts and get long term results. I want it to be a great book and resource for you guys. I care about you and providing a quality product that you can use for your long term benefit.
I have poured my heart and soul into this so hopefully this can make an impact in the industry. Thanks for every single person who has helped and supported me during this process and thanks to ALL OF YOU BLOGGERS WHO FOLLOW MY BLOG. It means the world to me.
Choose one of the warm up routines to do before your workout. Warming up is too important to skip out on because it helps you workout harder and that means you will get more results. What is your favorite warm up?
Warm up routines
Warm up 1
60 seconds jumping jacks
60 second walking lunge
60 second push up (can be on knees)
60 second body weight squat
5 minute jog
Warm up 2
Stationary bike 5 minutes
60 second side shuffles
60 second step ups
60 second burpees
60 second arm circles
60 second plank
Warm up 3
Elliptical 5 minutes
60 seconds ab twist
60 seconds skip
60 seconds side step ups
60 seconds stationary lunge
60 seconds split squat jumps
Warm up 4
6 minutes Incline treadmill walk (5-10%)
60 seconds Incline treadmill (5-10 %)side shuffle each side
60 seconds Incline treadmill (5-10%) lunge
60 seconds Incline treadmill (5-10%) Backwards walk
Tabata training is a form of cardio exercise that would be considered high intensity training or H.I.T training. When training in this manner you will be pushing yourself to your absolute maximum effort. The perceived effort that you will push yourself will be one hundred and seventy percent, which is extremely intense, for twenty seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest. You will repeat this for four minutes and that would complete your cardio workout.
Let Exercise be your cure
In the world that we are in today, there is a constant sales pitch for take this or that pill to cure your depression or anxiety or other normal mental conditions. We all feel and face trials and tribulations in our life and it is normal to go through phases where you don’t feel like you are one hundred percent. But in my opinion that doesn’t mean that you have to resort to a pill to help you.
The magic bullet in my opinion for helping alleviate a lot of our mental worries and concerns is exercise and nutrition. I believe that if you know and research enough on certain supplements, nutrients, and exercises it can teach you a whole lot on how to control your emotions a little bit better.
I am not selling a “cure all” and if you exercise and eat healthy, that you will never feel anxious, depressed, or hurt again. But what I am selling you is there is a healthy alternative that is in my opinion much stronger than any pill you could ever take.
Ever since I can remember I have always loved to be active and workout.I loved how it made me feel. I loved how it gave me confidence in other aspects in my life. I loved how it changed my life forever. When things were not going well in my life, fitness was always there for me. I can never tell fitness thank you enough. It has allowed me to change hundreds of people’s lives.
I want to encourage you to open your heart to the opportunity of what fitness can do for you. You may start off thinking how could someone fall in love with fitness?
The way it happens is very similar to how love for another person happens. You go into the relationship with an open mind and allow yourself to get to know them. You allow yourself to give them a chance and let them make a positive impact in your life. But most importantly, you give them permission to be a part of your life.
Fitness and taking care of yourself can be the difference between having a fulfilling life or a mediocre one. The reason why I say this is I firmly believe that fitness can cure almost everything.
I may be delusional but in my mind fitness cures depression, low self esteem, fatigue, anxiety, worthlessness, sadness, diseases, physical injuries, and most importantly you.
Fitness can be the one thing that helps you feel less self conscious about yourself so that you can put more energy and focus on being the best husband, wife, friend, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend, boss, and employee.
You can love fitness and let it become a passion of yours. I am going to give you permission to do so. Not because I control you but because I want to influence you on a higher level. I want to challenge you to do it but also share it with you because it is a gift. Having passion in your life is a choice that you can make and I promise you that if you just let it touch you, your life will never be the same.
I can’t imagine my life without fitness. I am committed to fitness and all of the gifts that it has given me. I owe fitness my very best effort day in and day out.
So now that you can see what fitness means to me. What are you most passionate about?
Stress, Metabolism, and Fat Loss
Something that is rarely talked about but makes a massive difference in how your body reacts to exercise is stress. You may be thinking to yourself, why am I not getting the results I want even though I am eating a low calorie diet and exercising consistently?
The answer to that can lie in how well you handle stress and how your body is reacting to it. You see in order to get the most results you have to understand your body. That means paying attention to the small things such as how your body reacts to certain foods all the way to what effects your sleep patterns.
Did you know that stress can slow down your metabolism and put your body in a state where it burns off your muscle and increases your body fat? Stress increases a hormone called cortisol.
Cortisol is hormone that during stressful times will affect your thyroid, your blood sugar, and worst of all increase your ABDOMINAL FAT.
Your goal is probably to lean up your stomach and have a fast working metabolism so you can wear the types of clothes that you want to wear or wear that bathing suit that you want to wear.
But if you are really stressed out at work or your relationships are rocky or are going through a tough time with your family, you may need to get a handle on your stress in order to start losing that weight and feeling better.
How to solve your stress problem
In order to solve your problems when it comes to stress and exercise, use stress management techniques. These techniques will not only help you lose weight and inches but also increase the overall quality of your life and happiness.
What is currently stressing you out and what can you do to help alleviate that stress?
As the first month of the new year has begun, you might be overwhelmed with all the new people in your fitness facility. And although you have many tasks on your plate, now is a great time to get some of those new members—and some of your longtime members—into personal training as they think about how they want to change their lives for the better this year. Your personal trainers should be front and center when it comes to bringing these people into the fold. However, many personal trainers do not know how to sell.
Here are six steps that you can teach your trainers to help them sell:
1. Role playing is key. Your trainers must role play sales situations with each other because role play is inherently uncomfortable. The psychology behind doing this is that humans are afraid of rejection and looking silly in front of others. When you introduce role playing, it can be harder than an actual sales situation because of the judgment factor the trainer will feel from the co-worker or manager. Another fantastic way to desensitize trainers from the fear of rejection is for the group to role play by all offering one trainer on the hot seat many objections and rejections at once.
2. Have the trainer shadow another successful salesperson. By watching another trainer be successful in sales, you build a belief within the shadowing trainer’s mind that sales can and will be made. Sales is a mental sport. If your belief system is flawed and you already doubt that you can sell because you have never seen a successful sale, the trainers’ confidence and belief will be low, and sales will be lost.
3. Throw away the old-school Wall Street tactics. In this transparent world where customers have so many choices, customers will not fall for manipulation tactics that some clubs may have used in the past. Most trainers resist selling because of the reputation selling has due to these old-school tactics. Trainers often believe that they will have to force someone to buy training or use some high-pressure tactic to get the sale. You must prove this wrong and teach a softer sale that positions the trainer as a consultant.
4. Teach the trainer a consultative sales approach. This approach is important on many levels because it makes the sales process much easier and is more congruent with the trainer and the potential customer. The consultative sales approach actually is the lost art of listening. Most successful salespeople do not talk the entire presentation; they actually listen more than they talk. The listening part of the presentation is the most important because it builds trust between the trainer and the customer and it takes some pressure off of the trainer because the trainer mostly asks questions in this consultative sales approach. Come up with some emotionally based, open-ended questions that you can teach your training staff to use in the presentation. Any questions that really dig deep into why potential customers want to reach their goals will dramatically increase the number of new personal training clients.
5. Conduct self-improvement and value-based meetings once a week. For the most part, sales is more than a collection of tactics and strategies. The strategies are important, but they will not work if the values of the trainer are not congruent with the strategy. For example, if you have a trainer who believes that it is bad to ask people for money, then that trainer will struggle with getting sales because the belief is not congruent with what you are asking them to do at the close of the sale. But if you work with that same trainer and find out that they value changing people’s lives, then you can teach them that by not asking for the money they are preventing the potential client from changing their lives. Also, a crucial part to a good salesperson is their confidence. So the best way to build the confidence of the salesperson is to remind them of their successes continuously and help make them more competent. Competency creates confidence. Under no circumstances should you use fear to try and motivate the salesperson. Sales is already a fear-based activity, and by adding fear-based management styles, it will only cause a disaster and an expensive turnover ratio.
6. Be transparent with your business model and numbers. Many gym owners or managers are afraid of being completely transparent when it comes to how their particular gym business makes money. There is nothing to hide and be ashamed of, and what we have found is that if you open up and teach the trainer how the business makes money, it builds trust. You will find that the trainer will make better decisions for the business because they understand the business.
In this video I explain the difference in aerobic and anaerobic activity and how to use them effectively. I want you guys to use both in your fitness programs and do not be afraid to try new things. What are your questions?